Formal Kyrgyz Republic is a becoming a leading choice for many central Asian students aiming for reliable medical education, there is a sudden surge in students looking for an MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. With 6 eminent universities of international repute, you can be assured that an MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan will provide you ample opportunity to learn, explore and grow! Kyrgyzstan was occupied by Russia in 1876 and in the year 1991, the country successfully achieved its independence from the Soviet Union. 1000s of students who come to the country to pursue higher medical studies swear by the clinical knowledge and real life case-studies that the universities offer. The duration of the complete MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan is 6 years, of which the first 5 years are focused on learning the basics and tactical learning and the last year is dedicated to hands-on training in various affiliated hospitals.
The best bit is that these leading medical universities have a very affordable structure for MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan. An estimated cost for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is about 12-15 lacs. The training takes place in English, and the course is recognized by all the leading medical councils such as Medical Council of India, WHO, UNESCO, and PLAB etc. Most importantly, medical universities of Kyrgyzstan provide MCI coaching also, making it easy for the students to get certified!
|Degree Awarded||MD equivalent to MBBS in India|
|Eligibility||50% Marks in PCB , NEET Qualified|
|Medium of Teaching||Russian/English|
|Fees||3500 to 5000 USD Per Year|
|Living Cost in Kyrgyzstan||100 - 150 USD Per Month|
|Recommended Universities||Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University|
|Recognition of Medical Universities||MCI, WHO, FAIMER, Ministry of Education Kyrgyzstan.|
|Climate||Cold and Moderate|
Value of USD = 70 Indian Rs.
MBBS courses offered by the Kyrgyz medical institutions are gaining in popularity for their global acceptance, robust education system, and low tuition fees. Along with the low tuition fees, living costs in Kyrgyzstan is also very less than many European and Asian countries. Another big reason for pursuing medical education in Kyrgyzstan is their focus on individual learning which strikes a perfect balance between theoretical and practical knowledge.
Here are some convincing reasons to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
1) The tuition fees and living costs are very reasonable in Kyrgyzstan for Indian medical aspirants. Pursuing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan may cost you around 70 to 75 percent lower than the Indian private medical institutions.
2) The quality of medical education is very high, and the professors and doctors are highly qualified and pioneer in their fields.
3) No language test such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc. is required in Kyrgyz medical universities.
4) Kyrgyz medical degrees are recognized globally. Top international medical bodies such as MCI, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, etc. also recognize Kyrgyz MBBS degrees.
5) Many Kyrgyz medical universities feature in the global medical university rankings.
6) Candidate with a Kyrgyz MBBS degree can give the MCI Screening Test, PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA), and reputed Licensing Exams.
7) No donation or hidden charges are required to be paid at any Kyrgyz medical institution.
8) Medical universities in the country hire globally acclaimed faculty members who share their vast experience and knowledge with young minds.
9) English is the medium of instruction for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
10) The teacher-student ratio in Kyrgyzstan is much better than India. The institutions offering MBBS in the country have small class sizes which ensure all students receive individual attention.
11) Currently, hundreds of Indian students are pursuing MBBS from Kyrgyzstan.
Besides that, a multicultural and learning environment in Kyrgyzstan will enrich and enhance an international student’s sense of life. This will also enable them to explore new cultures and languages.
» The candidate must have completed 17 years of age on/before the admission
» The applicants are required to qualify their 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
» Candidates belonging to Unreserved Categories and SC/ST/ OBC Categories must have 50 and 40 percent aggregate marks in class 12th, respectively.
Also, MCI has cleared the doubts of students about NEET exam. The Council has stated that all Indian students willing to study MBBS abroad are bound to qualify NEET with at least 50 percent marks. SC/ST/OBC candidates need 40 percent marks in NEET exam.
We can divide the admission process into the following few easy steps:
Step 1: Fill in the application form with accurate personal and education details.
Step 2: Submit the scanned copies of your education documents and passport to the university you have chosen.
Step 3: Once the university reviews your application, it will generate the admission letter within 10working days.
Step 4: You are required to submit the tuition fees.
Step 5: After your admission is confirmed, you can begin the immigration process. Apply for a student visa.
Step 6: Now, it’s your time to take a flight to Kyrgyzstan and enjoy your studies.
» Scanned copies of class 12th Marksheet
» Offer Letter from the university
» No objection certificate from parents/guardians
» Student visa
» Status of fund
» Current passport size photographs
The duration of MBBS Course in Kyrgyzstan is 6 years.
Kyrgyzstan is famous for its highest literacy rate all over the world and is provided medical education with great standards and norms that will embrace wonderful qualities in students. Medical universities having approval from organizations like WHO, MCI, UNESCO are recognised globally to a great extent and are famous for its low-cost operations in medical field. International students are major source of candidates admitted in MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fee Per Year
(Tuition + Hostel + insurance.)
|Total cost for six year in USD|
|Asian State Medical University||5500 USD||20,000 USD|
|Jalalabad University||5800 USD||19,400 USD|
|Osh State Medical State||6200 USD||20,200 USD|
|Kyrgyz Medical Academy University||6300 USD||24,300 USD|
» Hostel Charges: 450 - 500 USD per Year
» Food: 1,000 USD per year.
» Medical Insurance, Visa Extension, Medical Checkup-
» 250 USD Per Year
» Duration - 5 Years
» NEET Require for Indian Students
You must remember that there are thousands of students from across the globe who apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan while the seats are limited and strictly distributed on a first come first served basis, depending on the final decision made by the university as per the availability. Therefore, you better apply as early as possible to get admission in top medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
Note :The tuition fee shown above in the table, i.e. USD3500 per year, is subject to change and the university reserves all the rights to change the fees anytime without any prior personal intimation to the students. You can contact us to know the exact amount of fee in INR.
Over the last few years, the number of Indian students choosing to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan has increased significantly. The reason behind this can be traced from the fact that between 2012 and 2014, the percentage of students qualifying MCI Screening Tests was more than 18%.
Kyrgyzstan represents a world-class education system offering a bagful of opportunities to Indian students and empowering them to acquire the highest level of MBBS education. At present, the country is getting popular among those want an MBBS degree from an overseas university and within a package of 18 to 20 lakhs. Kyrgyz government funds national level universities and ensures the best in class medical education. Kyrgyzstan is also a preferred choice for studying MBBS because there are no conscientious practices in the education industry, meaning overseas students need not to pay any donation for admission.
The following are some other benefits of Medical Education in Kyrgyzstan:
1) The education system in Kyrgyzstan is at par with many Asian and European nations.
2) Kyrgyz government supports and allocates special funds to medical colleges and universities.
3) Despite a top class medical education, the tuition fee in Kyrgyz universities is very low.
4) You can secure an MBBS seat in a Kyrgyz medical university on the first come first serve basis.
5) Medical universities here organize seminars and promote extracurricular activities to keep students fit physically and mentally.
6) Students in the country are also motivated to participate in international workshops and meetings so that they can experience a global exposure.
7) Kyrgyz Government regulates all medical colleges in the country. And, these medical universities offer the best education and ensure the best results for MBBS students.
8) Kyrgyzstan has remarkable weather conditions that suit Indians perfectly.
9) Medical students enrolled in Kyrgyz medical universities can also enjoy different opportunities, including international student exchange programs, scientific conferences and much more.
10) Indian students can practice in India after completing their MBBS or MD degrees in Kyrgyzstan as the Medical Council of India approves the Kyrgyz medical degrees.
Deciding to study MBBS in a foreign country is always a big and tough decision. It’s often difficult to settle down in a country that you haven’t ever been to and only heard about. Adapting to an entirely new culture, choosing the right university, completing the admission process, getting away with the fraudsters, etc. are some bothering tasks. Here is where an overseas consultancy like Eklavya Overseas comes to your rescue.
Here are some discomforts that you may face when studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
A. Disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for students occur when they are not happy with their decision and have issues with their will and commitment. People in Kyrgyzstan are friendly and helpful as long as you are kind to them and respect their cultural values.
B. The language can also be a barrier for overseas students as Russian and Kyrgyz are the regional languages of the country.
C. The embassy system can also be comparatively lazy. Imagine around five thousand overseas students have applied for studying in Kyrgyzstan and the embassy is being directed to issue only 1000 visas. There are chances of visa refusal or two.
D.You need to do some research about the country to be ready to adapt to a new culture when applying for MBBS Universities in Kyrgyzstan.
E. The weather is colder in Kyrgyzstan when compared to India, so adjusting to the environment may become a little challenging. However, hundreds of students are already there, and they all have adapted well.
F. You should try to learn the Russian language if you are looking to serve Kyrgyz people. It will make it easier for you to know their ethics and values.
G. Clubs, bars and other nightlife activities can also distract you from your studies in Kyrgyzstan.
Either you do some research about Kyrgyz culture, people and weather at your own or seek assistance from expert education consultants to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
In a country like India, where around 200 medical aspirants fight for a single seat in a prominent medical college and private medical colleges charge about 20 lakhs to 1.5 crores for an MBBS seat under management quota, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is an alluring option. At present, more than 7000 Indian students are pursuing MBBS from Kyrgyz medical universities, and the popularity of Kyrgyzstan among Indian is increasing day by day. Down to earth people, proximity to India, Indian cuisines and restaurants, and safety are some other reasons why Indians choose Kyrgyzstan to study MBBS. Kyrgyzstan is an Asian country, and you can reach there within 2 to 3 hours.
» Five years duration of MBBS program
» Availability of hostels for students
» Low cost of living
» Cost of travel is also meager
» It’s an Asian country
» Locals are friendly and welcoming
» The country is extremely beautiful and called “The Switzerland of Asia.
Kyrgyzstan is a country encompassed with Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and China. Consequently, the country is known as South-Central Asian Union country. The country is full of mountains. Kyrgyzstan has the most liberal policies in tourist visa policy in Central Asia. The climate of the country is continental overall. The country exhibits many seasons like spring that can stretch from March to May, summers from May to September, autumn from September to early December and winter from December to February.
The Kyrgyz people are the descended of ancient Turkic tribes. The majority of the population is semi-nomadic but these ancient Turkic tribes have been a nomadic cattle breeder for many centuries. However the number of sheep in the country surpasses the human population. Apart from sheep , horses are seen throughout the country.